Thursday, March 22, 2012

Part Two: How I started re-positioning - "The Name"

I've told you why I wanted to re-brand/re-position Nana G Creations, so here is my journey.

Step 1 - was to come up with the name.  I wanted it to be cute, whimsical, and timeless. Snuggle Bug Baby has been a nick name for babies for as long as I can remember. From Newborns to around five or six years of age, child love to snuggle up with their parents. Parents call their children their little Snuggle Bugs, or Cuddle Bugs from the time they are born.  I know for me personally, all my children where snuggle bugs.

Since the name is popular, and I produce more than just baby products, I wanted to also include another name factor that would stand out.. "ME".  I thought that would encompass the Mom's, Grandparents, and such. So now, I found a name that I love that truly says what I'm all about. Great right?

Step 2 - Is the name available? When you want to begin selling online, you need to exhaust every avenue of making sure that you can use the name on every media that you plan on using, such as websites (Etsy, Artfire, website, blogger, Word Press, Facebook, etc). First and foremost is check to see if the name is available as a .com. I went to Go Daddy and found the name was available...Awesome! Etsy, well there were several Snuggle shops, some for babies, and some that had nothing to do with them, so I guess those sellers just fell in love with the name as I did.  Okay, moving forward to Artfire (in the event I want to eventually open a shop there) and it's open on that one, Awesome! Blogspot, available! Last was Facebook, Available, I'm on a roll.. Twitter... :(  Taken, but I was able to find that SnuggleBugBBMe was available.

Step 3 - So, once I found that each of my tended web places that I wanted for a presence was available, I went to work securing each of them, starting with purchasing a domain. I had already months ago signed up for the free site through Supa Dupa when they were offering an introduction offer. I learned through the process of opening Nana G Creations, that you need to make sure that your eggs are not in one basket, and your business name is on several venues.

Once I secured all the different sites for Snuggle Bug Baby & ME, it was time to come up with a Banner/Avatar/logo so stay tuned for that journey.... to be continued..


2 comments:

  1. A nice look into the process. Thank you for sharing. The banner is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hena. I'm slowly going to be adding to my journey. I just didn't realize how much work goes into it. BTW- Hope everyone clicks on your link to see your amazing photography.

    ReplyDelete